Is Your Contact Information Up to Date?
Year end is a great time to make sure your contact information is up to date with all of the vendors associated with your IRA LLC or Solo 401(k) plan. This will ensure that you do not miss any important reminders during the next year.
If you have moved or changed your primary phone number or e-mail address, you should update the following:
- Safeguard Advisors – Please send us an e-mail with updates using [email protected].
- The IRS – Use IRS form 8822 for your personal records. Use IRS Form 8822-B for an IRA-owned LLC or 401(k) plan.
- Any plan vendors such as: insurance provider, tax and legal advisors, bank or brokerage accounts, etc.
- Update your estate planning documents such as wills & trusts.
For IRA Plans Only
- IRA Custodian – update your address, and if any of your beneficiaries moved with you, your beneficiary info.
Solera National Bank
Kingdom Trust Co:
Forge Trust Co:
- The state where your IRA LLC is registered – Check with the secretary of state corporation division and/or department of revenue.
IMPORTANT NOTE!! Many states have switched to using e-mail for reminder notifications associated with LLC annual report filings and no longer send a letter. You definitely want to check that the state has your current e-mail address if they communicate by e-mail.