Adding Funds to Your Checkbook IRA
Just like with any IRA, you can add qualified retirement funds to your Checkbook IRA.
Adding funds to your IRA-owned LLC or Trust is a two-step process:
- Adding funds to the Self-Directed IRA account at IRA Services Trust Co. through one of four distinct methods:
- Transfer – Direct transfer from another IRA plan
- Direct Rollover –rollover from a qualified employer plan such as a 401(k), 403(b) or pension
- Indirect Rollover (60-day rollover) – When funds are issued from a prior IRA plan to you in your name and then deposited to the subsequent IRA within 60-days.
- Contribution – New deposit to the IRA as a tax-year contribution
- Having the IRA account purchase additional membership interest in the LLC/Trust.
Download the following document for instructions on this process, including samples of completed IRA Services forms.Adding Funds to Checkbook IRA - ISTC